Friday, June 25, 2010

Updates from the past few months ;)

Some posts on my lovely running message board finally prompted me to update this. The past few months have been pretty good in terms of running. I didn't get the PR I wanted at the Pittsburgh half, thanks to a few weeks of getting almost no sleep prior to the race, but I came close and ran a really good race that I was proud of. There will be other races :)

I'm currently a month into training for my second marathon, which is now three months from tomorrow! The past few weeks have been between 30-35 miles per week and my training plan will peak at a little over 50 mpw, which is much higher than my last marathon training plan. Training over the summer gives me a little more flexibility to get in all of my miles and I'm quite happy about that.

I decided to run this marathon in honor of my aunt, who has MS. I'm raising money through RunMS, which I guess is kind of like TNT for the MS Society ;) The fundraising has also been going pretty well. I'm a little over a third of the way to my goal, with a bake sale and two Uno's nights coming up, plus about 5 or 6 people who have promised to donate. (If anyone out there reads this and wants to donate, the link to my fundraising page is here: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/ErinRunsAkron2010 )

Mileage and race updates since my last post:
March Mileage: 125 miles
April Mileage: 127 miles
May Mileage: 86 miles (I ran the Pittsburgh half the first weekend and then took the rest of the month to recover before marathon training!)

Just a Short Run Half Marathon (3/27): 2:41:34 (ran it as a training run)
Pittsburgh Half Marathon (5/2): 2:33:45
Devotion to Chldren 4-Miler (5/15): 42:04
Kalajainen Klassic 5K (5/29): 31:38
Skirt Chaser 5K (6/5): 36:43 (ran it as a fun run)
Father's Day 5K (6/20): 32:32 (goal was between 32 and 33 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment